I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- John Eargle
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- A550 CLSL
- 600 South Mathews
- Urbana, IL 61801
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Luthey-Schulten lab at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I learned about OpenWetWare from this Scientific American article by M. Mitchell Waldrop: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=science-2-point-0-great-new-tool-or-great-risk, and I've joined because I think science communication should be more open and am looking forward to contributing information about computational biology and bioinformatics. I'm involved with VMD/MultiSeq which is already mentioned on the site.
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164