User:John C Ford
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- John C Ford
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Department of Chemistry
- 975 Oakland Avenue
- Indiana, PA 15705
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am a member of the Chemistry Department at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP). IUP is a primarily undergraduate, teaching-oriented university in rural western Pennsylvania, about 60 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. Most of my professional work has not involved biotechnology. Recently, I've become involved in some work related to protein expression and mutagenesis, which is why I'm here.
I learned about OpenWetWare from a web search for information on isolating DNA from fungus, and I've joined because I am a chemist who is involved with biotechnology. I like having access to protocols that I might need and I can contribute in the area of separation and purification..
- 1987, faculty member in Chemistry, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA USA
- 1986, Research fellow, Genetics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA USA
- 1986, PhD, Northeastern University, Boston, MA USA - dissertation on RPLC of proteins
- 1975, BS, University of Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Isolation of glycoside hydrolases from filamentous fungi
- Experimental and computational studies of adsorption onto diamond surfaces
- Physico-chemical basis of retention in reversed-phase liquid chromatography
- The role of the laboratory component of courses in training chemists
- Ko J and Ford JC. Comparison of selected retention models in reversed-phase liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2001 Apr 13;913(1-2):3-13.
- Ko J, Chilenski J, Rodgers T, and Ford JC. Modeling the effect of solvation on solute retention in reversed-phase liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2001 Apr 13;913(1-2):15-22.
- Ford JC and Ko J. Comparison of methods for extracting linear solvent strength gradient parameters from gradient chromatographic data. J Chromatogr A. 1996 Mar 8;727(1):1-11.
- Michaels JD and Ford JC. Inexpensive method for air-drying polyacrylamide electrophoresis gels. Biotechniques. 1991 Oct;11(4):466-7.
- Quinones I I, Ford JC, and Guiochon G. High-concentration band profiles and system peaks for a ternary solute system. Anal Chem. 2000 Apr 1;72(7):1495-502.
- Ford JC and Smith JA. Reversed-phase liquid chromatography of site-specific mutagenized staphylococcal nuclease. Gradient retention and correlations with amino acid-based predictive scales. J Chromatogr. 1987 Mar 25;390(2):307-27.
- Cohen SA, Benedek K, Tapuhi Y, Ford JC, and Karger BL. Conformational effects in the reversed-phase liquid chromatography of ribonuclease A. Anal Biochem. 1985 Jan;144(1):275-84.