- Jacob Palmer
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- 285 Old Westport Road
- SENG 321
- North Dartmouth, MA 02747
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am a graduate student who works in the lab of Vanni Bucci at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, and formerly in the lab of Chris Brigham. The primary purpose of this page is to be a central location for finding protocols/reagents/media I've developed or those which I've used, but with tweaks to accommodate reagents we have in our labs or to fit my particular experiments. I'll be sure to reference all those documents which provided initial inspiration or guidance for me. When I started grad school, I had zero practical wet lab experience. A few short years later, and now I've become a pretty savvy experimentalist. I hope you find some of my advice helps you to accomplish your goals!
The reason you are here
- Cloning Tips
- Bucci lab methods
- "How can I design an experiment using CRISPR/Cas9?"
- Lab Reagent Prep
- Lab Maintenance/Cleaning
- PhD - Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth (Spring 2019 projected)
- BS - Purdue University (2008)
- Synthetic biology
- Rationally designed engineered probiotics
- Metabolic Engineering
- Quorum Sensing
- Microbially derived biofuel production
- Chakravarty J, Yang C, Palmer JD, Brigham CJ. Chitin Extraction from Lobster Shell Waste using Microbial Culture-based Methods. Appl Food Biotechnol. 2018; 5(3): 141-154. eISSN: 2423-4214
- Palmer JD, Piattelli E, McCormick BA, Silby MW, Brigham CJ, Bucci V. Engineered Probiotic for the Inhibition of Salmonella via Tetrathionate-Induced Production of Microcin H47. ACS Infectious Diseases. 2018 Jan 12; 4(1): 39-45. DOI: 10.1021/acsinfecdis.7b00114.
- Palmer JD, Brigham CJ. Feasibility of triacylglycerol production for biodiesel utilizing Rhodococcus opacus as a biocatalyst and fishery waste as feedstock. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2016; 56. 922-928.
- Brigham CJ, Kehail AA, Palmer JD.Ralstonia Eutropha and the Production of Value Added Products: Metabolic Background of the Wild-Type Strain and its Role as a Diverse, Genetically-Engineered Biocatalyst Organism. Recent Advances in Biotechnology Vol. 1. 265-347.
I like to run. You can follow me on strava if you like!
I like to read. You can check me out on Goodreads
You can listen to what I listen to on Spotify (It might make you smarter!). Username jdpumd