From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Semantic Wiki - Wikipedia article
- Wiki for Professionals are workspace for Semantic Web, enabling real-time knowledge exchange and exploration
- SemWiki - The Semantic Wiki Community
- Del.icio.us-style Tags for MediaWiki
- WikiOnt is an an ontology to model that aims at integrating MediaWiki-based sites into the Semantic Web framework and making them machine-processable and -understandable
- DBpedia is a community effort to extract structured information from Wikipedia and to make this information available on the Web
- Sourceforge page
- Semantic_MediaWiki - Wikipedia page
- Semantic MediaWiki page on Meta
- Wikipedia and the Semantic Web - The Missing Links - Wikimania 2005 paper
- Wikipedia and the Semantic Web - Part II - Wikimania 2006 presentation
- Ontoworld - wiki for semantic web community powered by Semantic MediaWiki
- Special:Categories: a complete list of all categories
- Semantic Wiki Use Cases
- Inline queries
- Semantic Wiki State Of The Art - a list of existing Semantic Wiki engines, ontologies, projects, etc
- Knowledge structure:
- Categories are a means to classify articles according to certain criteria. For example, by adding [[Category:City]] to an article, the page is tagged as describing a city.
- Relations can be viewed as "categories for links". An article on Berlin contains a link to "Germany" that has a special meaning: it was put there since Berlin is the capital of Germany. To make this knowledge available to computer programs, one would like to "tag" the link. This is done by writing [[is capital of::Germany]].
- Attribute: a special type of relations/categories: [[population:=3,396,990]]
- Datatypes: the prefix "Type:" is again a separate namespace that distinguishes descriptive articles about types from normal pages: [[has type::Type:integer]] to say that the special relation "has type" holds between Attribute:population and Type:integer.
- Semantic templates can be used to support the consistent usage of annotations
- Semantic Forms extension - enhances Semantic MediaWiki by allowing easy adding and editing of semantic data
- Wiki-based model documentation (test instance) by Brian Joughin, Jeremy Muhlich from Lauffenburger Lab
- Thoughts on semantic wikis
- Flexible Fields for MediaWiki
- Live demo 1, live demo 2 and live demo 3
- Built in Types
- Wikipedia³ is a conversion of the English Wikipedia into RDF.
- Semantic Wiki features used for WWW2006 conference: Creating semantic data and Using semantic data in queries.
- RDF-compatible WikiModel
- Simple Forms extension
- RDF extension - an effort to provide an extensive RDF interface for MediaWiki
- SemanticHacker Wikipedia extension demo provide a Wikipedia reader with a short, organized list of other articles in Wikipedia that are highly relevant to the current article being browsed.
- WikiXMLDB provides a way of querying Wikipedia with XQuery.
- Platypus Wiki - a Semantic Wiki WikiWeb. It uses RDF (Resource Description Framework), RDF Schema and OWL (Web Ontology Language) to create ontologies and manage metadata.
- Rx4RDF is a set of technologies designed to make W3C's RDF more accessible and easier to use. Rhizome is a general purpose content management and delivery system that runs on Raccoon. It is dynamic and self-editable like a Wiki but uses ZML and RxML to enable structured content and editable metadata.
- BettaMeta - allows users to specify the available metadata in an easy to use form
- OmegaWiki (formerly known as WiktionaryZ) is a collaborative project to produce a free, multilingual resource in every language, with lexicological, terminological and thesaurus information. It is also the first implementation of the Wikidata technology (brings relational data to MediaWiki)
- WikiDB is a PHP software that allows to create cooperatively data table online (available as a standalone app and a MediaWiki extension)
- Infobox on Wikipedia is a consistently-formatted table which is present in articles with a common subject to provide summary information consistently between articles or improve navigation to closely related articles in that subject.
- online spreadsheet