From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Description (via Austin):
- Anyone can create any named addresses @openwetware.org that don't already exist on the server (i.e. users shouldn't be able to create a list called root or admin). There's a new namespace called List so List:foo will be a wikilist for firstname.lastname@example.org. (e.g., Extensions mailing list)
- The previous method of emailing using arbitrary pages as lists still works but not in the named form, just in the numbered form
- Mailing lists on OWW
- Spamassassin Wikipedia article
- The Apache SpamAssassin Project
- SpamAssassin config generator
- Fighting Spam with SpamAssassin and Postfix
- Stop spam on Linux e-mail servers with SpamAssassin - whitepaper with step-by-step instructions
- SpamAssassin ebook from O'Reilly
Line terminator in email
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host uk-lif-lwmx02.cancer.org.uk[184.108.40.206] said: 550 Requested action not taken: Nonstandard SMTP line terminator. (in reply to end of DATA command)
- It looks like some servers have problem accepting mail from OWW UMS. According to this thread, it has something to do with the line endings.
- try changing all the \r\n in um_functions.php to \n
- On a UNIX system the MTA's "sendmail" interface assumes that recieved data will use UNIX line endings and will turn any \n to \r\n, so you must supply only \n to mail() on a UNIX system to avoid the MTA hypercorrecting to \r\r\n.