User:Heather A Harrington
- Heather A Harrington
- Imperial College London
- Department of Mathematics
- Huxley Building 180 Queen's Gate
- London SW7 2AZ United Kingdom
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am a postgraduate in the Department of Mathematics (supervised by Jaroslav Stark) working in the Centre for Integrative Systems Biology at Imperial College (CISBIC). I learned about OpenWetWare from Julius Lucks, and I've joined because I'd like to contribute the scientific community of openwetware users.
- 2006- Present, M.Phil/PhD candidate, Imperial College London
- 2006, BS, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
My research interests centre on the application of mathematics and creating models using a systems biology approach. My current focus is to understand the behavior of how cells make decisions. At present, this is specific to the immune system and inflammation. The mathematics employed for these models is primarily nonlinear differential equations which are numerically implemented. Areas of interest are: host-pathogen interactions, apoptosis and angiogenesis.
- host-pathogen interactions (specific to inflammation)
- hybrid model for tumor-induced angiogenesis in the cornea in the presence of inhibitors. H.A. Harrington, M. Maier, L. Naidoo, N. Whitaker and P.G. Kevrekidis. Mathematical and Computer Modelling
Volume 46, Issues 3-4, August 2007, Pages 513-524 doi:10.1016/j.mcm.2006.11.034