User:Hassan Rokni Zadeh
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Hassan ROKNI ZADEH
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
I work in the Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics at K.U.Leuven University. I learned about OpenWetWare from google, and I've joined for using protocols, sharing the experiences in biology especially lab skills.
- 2007-present, Ph.D student of Agricultural & Applied Biological Sciences, Catholic University of Leuven (K.U.Leuven)
Thesis title: Characterization of antagonistic compounds from plant-associated pseudomonads for biocontrol of Pseudomonas savastanoi, causative agent of olive knot disease.
- 2005-2006, Pre-doctoral program in Agricultural & Applied Biological Sciences, Bioscience Engineering Faculty, K.U.Leuven.
Thesis topic: Vitamin C metabolism study in apple using a multidisciplinary approach utilizing biochemistry (HPLC) and molecular approaches (Semi-quantitative RT-PCR; the expression pattern of its key genes) and its response to stress.
- 2001-2003, M.Sc. (17.95 out of 20), Biology (Plant Genetics), Department of Biology, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran.
- 1997-2001, B.Sc., Cell and Molecular Biology (Microbiology), Department of Biology, University of Isfahan, Iran.
- Interest 1: Antibacterial and antifungal compounds as biocontrol use against plant pathogenes.
- Interest 2 : Plant growth promoting bacteria (PGPR) for biocontrol use
- Interest 3
- Rokni-Zadeh, H.., Li, W., Sanchez-Rodriguez, A., Sinnaeve, D., Rozenski, J., Martins, J., and De Mot, R. (2012) Genetic and functional characterization of cyclic lipopeptide WLIP production by rice rhizosphere isolate Pseudomonas putida RW10S2. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 78: 4826-4834. PubMed.
- Rokni-Zadeh, H.., Mangas Losada, A., and De Mot, R. (2011) PCR detection of novel non-ribosomal peptide synthetases genes in lipopeptide-producing Pseudomonas. Microb. Ecol. 62: 941-947. PubMed.
- Rokni Zadeh, H., Khavazi, K., Asgharzadeh, A., Hosseini-Mazinani, M. and De Mot, R. (2008) Biocontrol of Pseudomonas savastanoi, causative agent of olive knot disease: antagonistic potential of non-pathogenic rhizosphere isolates of fluorescent Pseudomonas. Commun. Agric. Appl. Biol. Sci. 73(1) 199-203. Full text.
- Rokni Zadeh, H., Keulemans, J., and Davey, MW. (2007) Expression pattern of key vitamin C biosynthesis genes in apple. Commun. Agric. Appl. Biol. Sci. 72(1) 269-73. Full text, PubMed.
- Sheidai, M. and Rokni Zadeh, H. (2004) B-chromosomes, cytomixis and
unreduced gametes in Gossypium hirsutum L. The Nucleus. 47(1,2): 33-37
- Sheidai, M., Shahriari, Z.H., Rokni Zadeh, H. and Noormohammadi, Z. (2007) RAPD and cytogenetic study of some tetraploid cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) cultivars and their Hybrids. Cytologia. 72 (1): 77-82. Full text.
Professional and Computer Skills
Protein, DNA and RNA extraction, cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, Semi-quantitative RT-PCR, RAPD, Box-PCR and RACE, gel electrophoresis, southern blot, microbial and plant tissues (apple and cotton) culture, antagonistic and bacteriocin assay, meiotic and meiosis microscopic preparation, HPLC analysis, clustering methods (UPGMA, WARD...), Statistical analyses, basic knowledge of programming (PERL, JAVA, XML), Biological Database Management, basic knowledge of Bioinformatics (blast, alignment, primer design…).
- Working on the “identification of QTL’s for vitamin C contents of apple” project, Laboratory of Fruit culture and -biotechnology, K.U.Leuven, Sept.-Oct. 2006.
- Working on Biosafety protocol, Monsanto Biotechnology Company, Brussels Office, August 2006.