- 1 Contact Info
- 2 Education
- 3 Research interests
- 4 Publications
- 5 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2015
- 5.1 Last Name
- 5.2 First Name
- 5.3 Course/Minor
- 5.4 Year of Graduation
- 5.5 Telephone # (needed in case we can't find you!)
- 5.6 Email
- 5.7 Preferred "Extra" OH Time
- 5.8 Potentially Relevant Background
- 5.9 Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
- 5.10 Anything else you would like us to know related to 20.109?
- 5.11 What is your favorite food or song or song about food?
- 5.12 Commitment to academic integrity
- 6 Useful links
- Hannah Zlotnick
- MIT Class of 2017
- Rochester, NY
I have worked in the Grodzinsky Lab in Tech Square for over a year now. My project focuses on a tissue engineering strategy for cartilage repair. I learned about OpenWetWare from 20.109, and I've joined because 20.109 uses a wiki page everyday.
- 2017 BS in Biological Engineering, MIT
- Tissue Engineering
- Regenerative Medicine
- Stem Cell Therapies
1. Mroszczyk, K., Zlotnick, H., Liebesny, P.H., Hung, H.H., Grodzinsky, A., “A Tissue Engineering Strategy for Integrative Cartilage Repair,” 12th International Cartilage Repair Society World
- Congress, May 2015, Chicago, IL.
2. Liebesny, P.H., Mroszczyk K.A., Zlotnick, H.M., Hung, H.H., Frisbie, D.D., Kisiday, J.D., Grodzinsky, A.J., "Growth Factor-Mediated Migration of Trabecular Bone-Derived Progenitor Cells for
- Accelerated Scaffold Population," International Cartilage Repair Society World Congress, May 2015, Chicago, IL.
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2015
20/ Possibly a Mechanical Engineering Minor
Year of Graduation
Telephone # (needed in case we can't find you!)
Preferred "Extra" OH Time
Sunday: after 11am Tuesday: 9-10am, after 2:30pm Also, any nights after 7pm.
Potentially Relevant Background
|Have you taken/are you taking...||Answer yes/no/when|
|7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry)||Yes/Spring 2015|
|7.06 (Cell Biology)||No/Fall 2015|
|7.03 (Genetics)||Yes/Spring 2015|
|5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)||No/never|
|Do you have experience with...||Answer yes/no/type|
|Cell culture (microbial/mammalian/yeast?)||Yes/bovine chondrocytes and BMSCs|
|Molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)||No|
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
I started working in the Grodzinsky Lab during IAP 2014. I continued to work there Spring 2014, Summer 2014, Fall 2015 and now Spring 2015. I have worked on many sub-projects under my overall project which is a tissue engineering strategy for cartilage repair. The project aims to prevent post-traumatic osteoarthritis in patients who have suffered traumatic joint injuries. I have studied means to improve interfacial integration between native and the neo-tissue formed during cartilage repair. I have looked at enzyme pretreatments and growth factor additions to improve integration. I've learned histology preparation & image processing, sterile tissue culture techniques, mechanical force testing with a Dynastat machine, stem cell plating/expansion, DNA, DMMB and Scintillation Assays.
The gloves are fine with me
What is your favorite food or song or song about food?
Favorite Food: I am a lover of all foods. I especially like seafood and fresh fruits/vegetables.
Commitment to academic integrity
After you print out this page, please sign your name under to the following statement to indicate your agreement:
I have read and understood the 20.109 statement on collaboration and integrity.