I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Gianina Angela Celine Cabanilla
- University of the Philippines
- Quezon City
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- Year, PhD, Institute
- 2012, MS, University of the Philippines Diliman
- 2003, BS, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Interest 1 (impact factor and alternative metrics)
- Interest 2 (bibliometric data/knowledge and scientometrics)
- Interest 3 (indigenous knowledge)
Her research focuses on effectively connecting people with information through the design of information literacy education and facilitating public access to knowledge, questions of accessibility of journal articles and the impact of non-subscription access models on the growth of scholarly literature, information flows in the scholarly literature by analyzing patterns of publications and citations. Her particular interest lies in the use (and abuse) of the Impact Factor and the emergence of alternative metrics for journal evaluation, bibliometric knowledge and expertise on the use of bibliometric data to deepen customer insights and inform strategy, scientometrics and market analysis.
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here