User:George M. Twaddle
- George M. Twaddle
- Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana - South Bend
- 220 Dean Johnson Blvd
- South Bend, IN 46601
- gtwaddle AT ivytech DOT edu
I am one of five department chairs for biotechnology in the Ivy Tech Community College system. I learned about OpenWetWare from IGEM, and I've joined because I want to transcend paper lab notebooks and build bridges to the synthetic biology community. Our Program for Biotechnology is an example of a CC "PURE" or Program Undergraduate Research Experience and as a result there is an open ended research component in all of the laboratory classes. My lab is a founding partner of the Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative. . Every other year, funds permitting we entery the IGEM.
- 1990, PhD, Univeristy of Chicago, Committee on Immunology a.b.d. (alas)
- 2001, MS, Secondary Science Education, School of Education, Indiana University (South Bend)
- 1980, BS, Biology, Purdue University
- Synthetic biology, specifically the construction of biosensors for environmental contaminants (arsenic, coliphage, estrogen)
- Estrogen and cancer biology
- DNA barcoding and artificial selection
- Turbov JM, Twaddle GM, Yang X, Liu NM, and Murthy S. Effects of receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor A47 on estrogen and growth factor-dependent breast cancer cell proliferation and apoptosis in vitro. J Surg Oncol. 2002 Jan;79(1):17-29.
- Twaddle GM, Turbov J, Liu N, and Murthy S. Tyrosine kinase inhibitors as antiproliferative agents against an estrogen-dependent breast cancer cell line in vitro. J Surg Oncol. 1999 Feb;70(2):83-90.
leave a comment about a paper here