User:Francis J. Jareczek
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
Completed undergraduate studies at Boston University, obtaining a BS in Biomedical Engineering and a BA in Biology through the Boston University Collaborative Degree Program.
Enrolled in the Medical Scientist Training Program at the University of Iowa, currently completing my first year of classes.
Research experience includes four years in the Biomedical Microdevices and Microenvironments Laboratory (Klapperich Lab) at Boston University, one year in the Widmaier Lab (molecular endocrinology and obesity) at Boston University, summer internships in the Hittelman Laboratory (experimental therapeutics) at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Mohler Lab (molecular cardiology) at the University of Iowa, and a summer rotation in the Sluka Lab (neurobiology of pain) at the University of Iowa.
- Pain and pain medicine
- Emergency medicine
Publications of Interest
- Sluka KA and Rasmussen LA. Fatiguing exercise enhances hyperalgesia to muscle inflammation. Pain. 2010 Feb;148(2):188-97. DOI:10.1016/j.pain.2009.07.001 |
- Walder RY, Rasmussen LA, Rainier JD, Light AR, Wemmie JA, and Sluka KA. ASIC1 and ASIC3 play different roles in the development of Hyperalgesia after inflammatory muscle injury. J Pain. 2010 Mar;11(3):210-8. DOI:10.1016/j.jpain.2009.07.004 |
- Sykes KT, White SR, Hurley RW, Mizoguchi H, Tseng LF, and Hammond DL. Mechanisms responsible for the enhanced antinociceptive effects of micro-opioid receptor agonists in the rostral ventromedial medulla of male rats with persistent inflammatory pain. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007 Aug;322(2):813-21. DOI:10.1124/jpet.107.121954 |
- Kumar AB and Brennan TJ. Pain assessment, sedation, and analgesic administration in the intensive care unit. Anesthesiology. 2009 Dec;111(6):1187-8. DOI:10.1097/ALN.0b013e3181c0d1b5 |
- Romero-Sandoval EA, Horvath RJ, and DeLeo JA. Neuroimmune interactions and pain: focus on glial-modulating targets. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2008 Jul;9(7):726-34.
- Green AI, Noordsy DL, Brunette MF, and O'Keefe C. Substance abuse and schizophrenia: pharmacotherapeutic intervention. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2008 Jan;34(1):61-71. DOI:10.1016/j.jsat.2007.01.008 |