I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Eric McLamore
- Assistant Professor
- University of Florida
- My lab specializes in physiological sensing for bioenvironmental, agricultural, and biomedical research. We focus on providing facile methods for ‘tuning’ sensors and biosensors based on hypothesis driven research needs, rather than constructing hypotheses within the framework of existing technology. Applications include bioregenerative water recovery on earth and in space, emerging contaminants and ecotoxicology, climate change and developmental biology, rhizosphere-root transport, and bioenergetics/cell signaling in cancer, diabetes, and epilepsy research. In collaboration with experts in the fine arts, we use the ‘design by performance’ approach to promote informal science education, improving the communication of research findings to the public through interactive media.
- PostDoctoral Research Associate (2009), Physiological Sensing Facility, Bindley Bioscience/Birck Nanotechnology Centers
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Purdue University (2008)
- MS, Civil Engineering, Texas Tech University, (2004)
- BS, Civil Engineering, Texas Tech University, (2002)
- Shi, J., E.S. McLamore, D. Jaroch, J.C. Claussen, J.L. Rickus, and D.M. Porterfield (2011). Oscillatory glucose flux in INS 1 pancreatic β cells: A self-referencing microbiosensor study. Journal of Analytical Biochemistry. In press.
- Prather, K.J., E.S. McLamore, D.M. Porterfield (2010). “Synthetic Biology and the Rational Design of Microbial Chemical Factories.” Proceedings of the 26th Annual American Society of Gravitational and Space Biology, 24(1).
- McLamore, E.S., M.C. Stensberg, M.S. Sepúlveda, W. Zhang, M.K. Banks, and D.M. Porterfield. “A self-referencing microelectrode for real time measurements of silver flux.” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, in press, doi: 10.1016/j.snb.2010.11.014.
- McLamore, E.S., J. Shi, D. Jaroch, C. Barcus, J. Osbourne, A. Uchida, Y. Jiang, K.K. Buhman, M.K. Banks, D. Teegarden, J.L. Rickus, and D. M. Porterfield (2010). A self referencing enzyme-based microbiosensor for real time measurement of physiological glucose transport. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, in press, doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2010.09.041.
- McLamore, E.S., Zhang, W., D.M. Porterfield and M.K. Banks (2010). “Real time, non-invasive biofilm physiology during chemical toxin exposure.” Environmental Science and Technology. 44: 7050-7057.
- McLamore, E.S., D. Jaroch, M.R. Chatni, and D.M. Porterfield (2010). “Self-referencing optrodes for measuring real time oxygen flux in plant roots and photosynthetic microbial mats.” Planta, 232(5): 1087-1099.
- McLamore, E.S., A. Diggs, P. Calvo Marzal1, J. Shi, J. Claussen, A. Murphy, D.M. Porterfield (2010). “Non-invasive quantification of endogenous root auxin transport using an integrated flux microsensor technique” Plant Journal, 63: 1004-1016.
- McLamore, E.S., S. Mohanty, J. Shi, J.L. Rickus, and D.M. Porterfield (2010). “Real time neuronal glutamate flux during potassium stimulation.” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 189: 14-22.
- McLamore, E.S., D.M. Porterfield and M.K. Banks (2009). “Non-invasive self-referencing electrochemical sensors for quantifying real time biofilm analyte flux.” Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 102(3): 791-799 (featured spotlight article).
- Porterfield, D.M., E.S. McLamore, and M.K. Banks (2009). “Microsensor Technology for Measuring H+ Flux in Buffered Media.” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical. 136(2): 383-387.
- Jackson, W.A., A. Morse, E.S. McLamore, T. Wiesner, and S. Xia (2009). “Nitrification- Denitrification Biological Pretreatment Systems for Potable Water Supply in Support of Space Exploration.” Water Environment Research. 81(4) 423-431.
- McLamore, E.S., S. Sharvelle, Z. Huang and M.K. Banks (2008). “Simultaneous Treatment of Graywater and Waste Gas in a Biological Trickling Filter.” Water Environment Research, 80(11): 2096-2103.
- Sharvelle, S., M. Arabi, E.S. McLamore and M.K. Banks (2008). “Model Development for Biotrickling Filter Treatment of Graywater Simulant and Waste Gas: Part I.” Journal of Environmental Engineering. 134(10): 813-825.
- Sharvelle, S., E.S. McLamore and M. K. Banks (2008). “Hydrodynamic Characteristic in Biotrickling Filters as Affected by Packing Material and Hydraulic Loading Rate.” Journal of Environmental Engineering 134 (5):346-352.
- McLamore, E.S., A. Morse and W.A. Jackson (2008). “Dynamics of Human Urine Storage in the Early Planetary Based Wastestream”. Habitation: An International Journal for Human Support Research. 11(8): 139-147.
- Sharvelle, S., E.S. McLamore, S. Clark and M.K. Banks (2008). “Characterization of Effluent from Biological Trickling Filters Treating Graywater in Advanced Life Support Systems.” Habitation: An International Journal for Human Support Research. 11(8): 95-104.
- McLamore, E.S., A. Morse and W.A. Jackson (2007). “Abiotic Transport in a Membrane Aerated Bioreactor”. Journal of Membrane Science. 298: 110-116.
ABE 4491/6933: Fundamentals and Applications of Biosensors
- Teaching Grants
McLamore, E.S. and R. Heipp (2012). Visualization in Biological and Biomimetic Processes. University of Florida Honors Program Interdisciplinary Teaching Grant. $2,000.