User:Dr. Richard Gordon
- Dr. Richard Gordon
- University of Manitoba
- Department of Radiology
- Room GA216, HSC, 820 Sherbrook Street
- Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 1R9, Canada
I work in my own lab at the University of Manitoba. I learned about OpenWetWare via our formation of Grey Thumb SL http://lists.digitalspace.com/mailman/listinfo/gt_sl, and I've joined because of my research in embryo physics.
- 1967, PhD, Chemical Physics, University of Oregon
- 1963, BS, Mathematics, University of Chicago
- How does a vertebrate embryo build itself? Planning a Second Life® course: Embryo & Genome Physics & Engineering, Fall 2008
- Diatom morphogenesis, motility and nanotechnology
- Detection of premetastasis cancer via high resolution low dose computed tomography (CT)
- Optimal halting of the HIV/AIDS epidemic: OptAIDS Workshop (http://www.mitacs.ca/conferences/OptAIDS/)
- Nouri C, Luppes R, Veldman AE, Tuszynski JA, and Gordon R. Rayleigh instability of the inverted one-cell amphibian embryo. Phys Biol. 2008 Apr 10;5(1):015006. DOI:10.1088/1478-3975/5/1/015006 |
- Van Uytven E, Pistorius S, and Gordon R. An iterative three-dimensional electron density imaging algorithm using uncollimated compton scattered x rays from a polyenergetic primary pencil beam. Med Phys. 2007 Jan;34(1):256-65. DOI:10.1118/1.2400835 |
- Gordon R, Kling HJ, and Sterrenburg FA. A guide to the diatom literature for diatom nanotechnologists. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2005 Jan;5(1):175-8.
MOGHADAS, S. M., A. B. GUMEL, R. G. MCLEOD, AND R. GORDON. 2004. Could condoms stop the AIDS epidemic? Journal of Theoretical Medicine 5: 171-181.
Gordon, R. (1999). The Hierarchical Genome and Differentiation Waves: Novel Unification of Development, Genetics and Evolution, Singapore & London: World Scientific & Imperial College Press. http://www.wspc.com.sg/books/lifesci/2755.html, 2 vols., 1836p. isbn=981-02-2268-8(set)
Gordon, R. 1996. Computer controlled evolution of diatoms: design for a compustat. Nova Hedwigia 112: 213-216.