- Complete any titrations you did not complete yesterday
- Obtain spectra of your amino acid solutions
- Work on your introduction
Note that I will be about a half an hour late to class. You can start on your projects without me.
This assignment is due Tuesday, September 9
- What is the volume reading for the liquid in the buret shown above?
- What common error did I do when I initially chose methyl red as the indicator? The table below may be helpful.
- Using phenolphthalein, at what pH will the standardization titration solution color change to a light pink color?
- Assuming 0.500 g KHPhth, 20.00 mL water & 17.63 mL NaOH to neutralize, what is the pH at the equivalence point?
- A 0.3 g sample of unknown amino acid is titrated with 0.135 M NaOH. The curve shows one equivalence point at 15.34 mL and pH 5.65. Which amino acid is this?
The introduction is now due Tuesday, September 16
- Complete individually
- The experiment is "Stability of protein mediated AuNPs: Equilibria with free proteins and biological cations"
- Utilize the literature search methods Rachel taught us
- 0.75 - 2 pages, single spaced
- prior studies (what is known)
- unanswered questions (why we are conducting this experiment)
- what will be conducted here (equilibrium dialysis using acid, protein, NaCl, CaCl2)