- Finished filtering 40% beads
- Put 40% beads in acid
- Put 25% beads in dye
Beads in dye procedure:
- All the beads have 5mL of acid in them from previous pH tests.
- Last week a 1/5 carmine dye solution was prepared using 1mL of the stock dye and 5mL of water
- When placing this dye in the vials a dye solution with a 1/10 ratio will result.
- This solution will be allowed to sit until next lab.
- If the solution is completely clear, more dye will be added and allowed to sit
- If the solution is not clear anymore (i.e. the beads have been saturated) then the beads will be filtered out and we will run UV-Vis on the resulting solution.
- Adsorption capacity will be determined using final concentration and amount of dye added.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.