- Dr. Deborah Apthorp
- Postdoctoral Research Associate
- University of Wollongong
- Northfields Ave.
- Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I work in the Palmisano Lab at Wollongong University. I learned about OpenWetWare from colleagues Alex Holcombe and Lee de-Wit, and I've joined because I'm interested in open science; see http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenVisionScience.
- 2011: PhD, University of Sydney
- 2006: B.Psych (Hons), University of Sydney
- 1986: Dip. Mus (performance), Queensland Conservatorium
- Visual perception
- Visual self-motion perception
- Multisensory perception
- Alais D, Apthorp D, Karmann A, and Cass J. Temporal integration of movement: the time-course of motion streaks revealed by masking. PLoS One. 2011;6(12):e28675. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0028675 |
- Apthorp D, Cass J, and Alais D. The spatial tuning of "motion streak" mechanisms revealed by masking and adaptation. J Vis. 2011 Jun 23;11(7):17. DOI:10.1167/11.7.17 |
- Taubert J, Apthorp D, Aagten-Murphy D, and Alais D. The role of holistic processing in face perception: evidence from the face inversion effect. Vision Res. 2011 Jun 1;51(11):1273-8. DOI:10.1016/j.visres.2011.04.002 |
- Dakin SC, Apthorp D, and Alais D. Anisotropies in judging the direction of moving natural scenes. J Vis. 2010 Sep 3;10(11):5. DOI:10.1167/10.11.5 |
- Apthorp D, Cass J, and Alais D. Orientation tuning of contrast masking caused by motion streaks. J Vis. 2010 Aug 1;10(10):11. DOI:10.1167/10.10.11 |
- Apthorp D, Wenderoth P, and Alais D. Motion streaks in fast motion rivalry cause orientation-selective suppression. J Vis. 2009 May 14;9(5):10.1-14. DOI:10.1167/9.5.10 |
- Apthorp D and Alais D. Tilt aftereffects and tilt illusions induced by fast translational motion: evidence for motion streaks. J Vis. 2009 Jan 21;9(1):27.1-11. DOI:10.1167/9.1.27 |
leave a comment about a paper here