- Incubator works.
- Marine strain WH8102 came in the mail with SH media.
- Went to MIT to pick up PCC7942 and 6803 from Peter Weigele at MIT.
- Told us WH8102 will be way too hard to grow. We probably will go with the freshwater strains.
- MIT food trucks go!
- Made 1L of the following liquid media:
- 20 mL 50x BG-11 stock
- 980 mL deionized H20
- Made 6 125ml liquid cultures in 250ml flasks:
- PCC7942 streak w/toothpick
- PCC7942 single w/toothpick
- PCC7942 single w/o toothpick
- PCC6803 streak w/toothpick
- PCC6803 single w/toothpick
- Control w/ toothpick
- 16 hours light each day
- Put flask holders in incubator and set shaker.
- Open lids (parafilm with holes) to allow air exchange.