User:Daniel-Mario Larco/Notebook/AU Photosynthesis Lab/2014/06/05
|Project name||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Today we will be purifying our protein solution
During this lab session, solutions LB Broth were prepared. A solution of Ampicilin was prepared to be added to the broth and agar.
1. The correct concentration for dissolving LB Broth Media into water is 25g per liter of water.
- For the 1L LB Broth solution, 25g of LB Broth Media were dissolved into 1L of water
- For the 25mL LB Broth solution, 0.625g of LB Broth Media were dissolved into 25mL of water
The solution are placed in the autoclave at 121 degrees C for an hour.
2. In order to prepare the ampicilin solution, 500mg of Ampicilin Sodium Salt were dissolved into 5mL of sterilized water. This solution was prepared in a sterilized falcon tube using sterile equipment.
3. Once the solutions cool, 1mL of the ampicilin solution is added to the 1L flasks and 25uL were added to the 25mL flasks
4. Cells were transferred to the 25mL flasks and left to spin overnight