User:Daniel-Mario Larco/Notebook/AU Photosynthesis Lab/2014/05/27
|Project name||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
During this lab session, solutions LB Broth were prepared. A solution of Ampicilin was prepared to be added to the broth and agar.
1. The correct concentration for dissolving LB Broth Media into water is 25g per liter of water.
- For the 1L LB Broth solution, 25g of LB Broth Media were dissolved into 1L of water
- For the 25mL LB Broth solution, 0.625g of LB Broth Media were dissolved into 25mL of water
The solution are placed in the autoclave at 121 degrees C for an hour.
2. In order to prepare the ampicilin solution, 100mg of Ampicilin Sodium Salt were dissolved into 1mL of sterilized water. This solution was prepared in a sterilized eppendorf tube using sterile equipment.
3. Once the solutions cool, 1mL of the ampicilin solution is added to the LB solution