Hastings Beetle Workshop
Bob Costantino and Brett Melbourne are joining us for the next two days to talk about stochastic population dynamics in Tribolium.
- Morning Session, 9a - 11a
- Outline the individual based model, toolbox
- Group lunch, noon-1:30
- My lab Presentation, 2p-3p
- Present multidimensional linear noise approximation approach to characterizing the demographically stochastic key class.
- Afternoon session, 3p-4p
- Follow-up on understanding noise propagation in age structure dynamics.
- ( Phylogenetics Workshop, 4-6:30)
- Group dinner 7:00-9:00
(Details to be transcribed still)
- Motivation: qualitative differences from noise -- geometric mean fitness
- Why demographic noise is often negligible
- Why it isn't
- transient bimodality
- Notion of key class in age structured model
- Crowley-based model simulation
- Analytic approximation
- Insights from linear noise approximation
- Challenges: inference based and computationally based difficulties.