From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Brian Renda
- Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology
- 1 University Station A4800
- Austin, TX, 78712, USA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- Currently Enrolled, PhD, University of Texas at Austin. Graduate student in the lab of Dr. Jeffrey Barrick.
- 2010, BS, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Generally, I'm interested in how we can use natural microbial diversity and evolutionary process to engineer interesting microbes or communities of microbes. I'm currently running experiments with _Acinetobacter baylyi_ ADP1 to look at horizontal gene transfer from natural metagenomes. I'm also interested in its use as an platform in bioengineering for bioremediation and industrial processes.
- Metagenomic Horizontal Gene Transfer
- Natural Competence
- Synthetic Biology/Ecology