From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- My name is Brian Belmont and I am a graduate student at MIT in the department of Biological Engineering. I work in the Niles Lab.
- Email: bbelmont AT mit DOT edu
Education and Work Experience
- 2007-present, PhD, MIT - Biological Engineering
- 2005-2007, Staff Research Associate, Sunesis Pharmaceuticals
- 2005, BS, Stanford University - Biological Sciences
Currently, I devote my efforts on developing an genetically-engineered platform for controlling RNA processes in cells and organisms.
- Belmont BJ and Niles JC. Engineering a direct and inducible protein-RNA interaction to regulate RNA biology. ACS Chem Biol. 2010 Sep 17;5(9):851-61. DOI:10.1021/cb100070j |
- Arbitrario JP, Belmont BJ, Evanchik MJ, Flanagan WM, Fucini RV, Hansen SK, Harris SO, Hashash A, Hoch U, Hogan JN, Howlett AR, Jacobs JW, Lam JW, Ritchie SC, Romanowski MJ, Silverman JA, Stockett DE, Teague JN, Zimmerman KM, and Taverna P. SNS-314, a pan-Aurora kinase inhibitor, shows potent anti-tumor activity and dosing flexibility in vivo. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2010 Mar;65(4):707-17. DOI:10.1007/s00280-009-1076-8 |
- Patel SS, Belmont BJ, Sante JM, and Rexach MF. Natively unfolded nucleoporins gate protein diffusion across the nuclear pore complex. Cell. 2007 Apr 6;129(1):83-96. DOI:10.1016/j.cell.2007.01.044 |