I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Basak Ozturk
- Wageningen University Laboratory of Microbiology
- Dreijenplein 10 6703 HB
- Wageningen, GLD, The Netherlands
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Department of Molecular Ecology at Wageningen University as a postdoc. My project is on the symbiosis between bacteria and marine sponges and involves a lot of method development, optimization and very much patience:).
- 2008-2011, Max Planck Institue for Marine Microbiology, Bremen, Germany (Ph.D)
- 2006-2008, Max Planck Institue for Marine Microbiology, Bremen, Germany (M.Sc) I have entered the IMPRS for Marine Microbiology in October 2006 and continued until the end of my PhD in April 2011.
- 2002-2006, Bilkent University, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Ankara, Turkey (B.Sc)
- Summer 2005, Research student in the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig Germany (internship on modeling, comparative genomics and some monkey observing)
- Summer 2004, Research student in the Department of Marine Biology, DEU Izmir, Turkey (counting plankton in the West Coast of Turkey)
- Microbiology, especially host-microbe interactions
- Gene expression analysis (RNASeq)
- Method development - I love reading protocols over and over again and tweaking them around since method development sometimes becomes more interesting than the original question:))