User:Barbara Fekete Beltrame
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Barbara Fekete Beltrame
- Estoril - Portugal.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2006, MEng, Biological Engineering, University of Algarve - Portugal.
Recently completed projects
- The research and implementation of a new method to reduce chlorites in drinking water using Chloride Dioxide as pre-oxidant. The objective of this research was to evaluate the production levels of Chlorites and Chlorates in different stages of the one of the four Water Treatment Plant (WTP) of Águas do Algarve, SA and to test in Laboratory and in Industrial scale the reduction to guideline values (700 ug/L, World Health Organization - WHO).
- The design and preparation of an industrial bioprocessing plant for production of b-carotene using Dunalliela salina”. Perfotmed the research and development to set up an idustrial bioprocessing plant for the production of beta-carotene. Project included economic evaluation, downstream processing, equipment dimensioning and simulation within engineering software SuperPro Designer.
Research assistant at UIC
Currently working on
- Halotag Interchangeable labeling technology for cell imaging and protein capture
- Adaptive autofocus for long time-lapse
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here