User:Barbara A. Steere
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Barbara A. Steere
- UTexas @Austin MASME student; Wichita Falls Independent School District, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Your Lab at XYZ University. I learned about OpenWetWare from After reading the "Science 2.0" article in HHMI, I wanted to see what you all do. I checked out the "Brain Windows" blog & downloaded some great worksheets there...Thanks to Andrew Hires!!, and I've joined because I am a HS science teacher & my students use Wikipedia a lot, so if there is a forum they can use which provides good science concepts, the idea that science "never arrives" at the correct answer, and maybe in the process I can also provide some insight into Science/Biology concepts. I am not sure whether I feel confident enough to edit an article, but maybe...Teaching in an alternative high school leads me to explore sites that may interest my students. Also because of my teaching assignment, I am drawn to promoting Scientific Literacy with my students...I want them to become comfortable with the idea that vocabulary is IMPORTANT and become users of the vocabluary they learn....
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here