I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Bajpai Astha
- Sheffield Hallam University UK
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Your Lab at XYZ University. I learned about OpenWetWare from iGEM, and I've joined because protein targeting to cell membranes; molecular mechanisms. Molecular chaperone action in posttranslational protein targeting.
ASTHA BAJPAIRESEARCH ASSOCIATE BIOMEDICAL RESERACH CENTER, SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY SHEFFIELD,ENGLAND,UK
IMPORT OF AVSUNVIROIDAE AND VIROID TRAFICKING
The multi‑domain FKBP TWISTED DWARF1 (TWD1)/FKBP42, has been shown to reside on both the vacuolar and plasma membranes it interacts in mirror image with two pairs of ABC transporters, MRP1/ MRP2 and PGP1/PGP19(MDR1), respectively.
Twisted dwarf1 and pgp1/pgp19 mutants display strongly overlapping phenotypes, including reduction and disorientation of growth, suggesting functional interaction All FKBP‑type immunophilins share a characteristic peptidyl‑prolyl cis‑trans isomerase domain Twenty-three FKBP‑type proteins have been identified in the Arabidopsis thaliana genome, however, the function of individual FKBPs in plant biology is poorly understood
RNA-templated RNA replication Chrysanthemum chlorotic mottle viroid Ascochyta (Mycosphaerella)
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164