I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Audrey Olshefsky
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Course 20, Year 3
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2016, BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2012, Friday Harbor High School
- Oceanography: microbial oceanography, biological oceanography, hydrothermal vents
- Neuroscience: neurooncolgy, neuroimmunology, neurodegenerative disorders
- Infectious disease: prevention, treatment and genetic factors
- During the summers of 2011 and 2012, I was a research assistant in the Sebens Lab at the University of Washington Friday Harbor Laboratories. My work focused on long-term benthic community ecology. I also operated small watercraft, assisting scientific divers with field work.
- At MIT, I have done research in the Chisholm Lab from June 2013 through May 2014 and will return in January 2015. In the Chisholm Lab, my research projects aim to develop a deeper understanding of Prochlorococcus. Prochlorococcus is a marine cyanobacteria and thought to be the most abundant photosynthetic organism in the ocean.
Interests and Hobbies
- Sailing, windsurfing, backpacking
- Soccer, basketball, running
- Foreign language