- Take down observations for AuNPs solutions made yesterday
- Measure pH for each AuNP solution
- Run UV-Vis for each AuNP solution
- Photos of AuNP solutions can be found here
- Most amino acids form AuNPs, except for Cysteine and Methionine. This is expected as it agreed to our previous results.
- Proline, Alanine, Valine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Aspartic Acid, Tryptophan, Leucine formed AuNPs that was suspended in solution
- Tryptophan formed gold nano fibers
- The rest of the AuNPs crushed out of solution, forming grey colors, or greyish black precipitates at the bottom of the test tube.