User:Andy Maloney/Notebook/Lab Notebook of Andy Maloney/2009/09/10/Koch mini meeting
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Koch mini meeting
We discussed several things.
- Cleaning slips and slides with ethanol and rinsing with nano-pure water.
- Ordering Mg-ATP and Mg-GTP.
- We discussed PEM & BRB80. We decided to use our version of PEM as is. This came up because Koch thinks we need more MgCl2 in our buffer. If we use Mg-ATP or Mg-GTP, then we don't need to add more Mg to the buffer because it will be in the ATP/GTP solutions.
- Aliquot the 100 mM ATP into smaller vials. Right now it is stored in the -20˚C freezer in a vial containing 100 µL. Brian and I put it into vials containing 5 µL. This way I will have a "fresh" vial of ATP for experiments each day.
- We discussed the many typos in Cytoskeleton's pamphlets and how it has caused us to add probably unwanted chemicals into our ATP resuspension.