- This is my on-line Lab Notebook. I'm still in the process of learning how to keep good records.
- My Lab Notebook
- My Blog:
- My Crappy Website:
- Andrew Barney
- Loveland, Colorado, USA.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- keen101 [at] gmail [dot] com
I am thinking about pursuing a major in Microbiology or biomedicine. I learned about OpenWetWare from DIYbio and Google. I am doing research on unusual plants like teosinte, fungi, native bees, purple-foliage maize, blue tomatoes, and pea breeding.
I have also developed a watermelon landrace for Northern Colorado climate. My first attempt at this was in summer 2011. In 2017 it was a great success. It is continuing to thrive. I am now working on a side breeding project with watermelons and the Colorado Red-Seeded Citron!
I am also now active in the Open Agriculture forum at MIT.
- Currently an undergrad student at Front Range Community College (FRCC), but will eventually transfer to Colorado State University (CSU). Most likely for a degree in Microbiology.
- Botany - I have a strong interest in native and unusual plant species.
- Fungi - I am learning more about fungi, and hope to discover more about how they can continue to be used to benefit human health.
- Synthetic Biology - Interested in how synthetic biology can be used to for new inventions.
- Biochemistry - I have a growing interest in the chemicals found in nature. Anthocyanins are the first to peak my interest. I believe that plants with high levels of Anthocyanins in their foliage may be key to successful colonization of Mars.
- Esperanto - La Internacia Lingvo.
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4. DOI:10.1073/pnas.78.11.6840 |
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
- No Publications at this time.
leave a comment about a paper here
- When i do use a paper notebook, instead of buying one, i like to print my own: graph.pdf