- Alon Shepon
- Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
- Bustan, an NGO working at the heart of the Negev desert in Israel for environmental and social justice. 
- e-mail: alonshepon at gmail.com
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in The Weizmann Institute in Ron Milo's lab investigating the Science of Sustainability - Evaluating the environmental impact of services, products, and communities; assessing and disseminating the true cost of consumption in terms of natural resources - ECOST; Conducting Life cycle analysis of products; and studying the ecological and water footprint of products and nations.
I have initiated a tree planting project (Shatla) within Bedoiun communities in the Negev under the framework of Bustan , and also currently working there as Deputy director. As an environmental scientist and activist, I am fascinated by nature and the endeavor to preserve it.
- 2005, MSc in Enviromental Science, Weizmann Institute of Science
- 2000, BSc in physics, Hebrew University in Jerusalem
- Ecological footprint and Life Cycle Analysis
- Climate dynamics and biological interactions in climatic feedbacks.
- Shepon A. and H. Gildor, The Lightning-Biota Climatic Feedback, Global Change Biology, 14, 440-450, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2486.2007.01501.x, 2008.
- Shepon A., H. Gildor, L.J. Labrador, T. Butler, L.N. Ganzeveld, and M.G. Lawrence, Global lightning NOx deposition, J. Geophys. Res., 112, Art. No. D06304, 2007.