I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Alison Lacombe
- USDA ARS, ERRC
- 600E Mermaid Ln
- Address 2
- Wyndmoor, PA, Country etc.
I work in the Applied Nonthermal Technology Lab at USDA ARS ERRCf. I learned about OpenWetWare from NoroCore Group, and I've joined because Need to create a center point of collaboration for recently funded grant.
- University of Maine, Orono, ME
Ph.D. Food Science and Human Nutrition 2012 Investigation into the Beneficial Maintenance of Native Gastrointestinal Flora and the Inhibition of Foodborne Pathogens through the Consumption of Cranberry and Lowbush Wild Blueberry, CHASE Distinguished Research Assistant
- State University of New York at Potsdam, Potsdam, NY
B.A. Chemistry 2008
- State University of New York at Potsdam, Potsdam NY
B.A. Biology 2006
- Decontamination of minimally processed fresh fruits and vegetables using novel nonthermal technologies
- Collaborate with farmers and processors in order to deliver safe, nutritious, and affordable food to the community
- Uncover functional foods that can promote beneficial species in the gut, inhibit pathogens, and concomitantly promote local agricultural commodities
- Lacombe A., Niemira B. A., Gurtler J. B. , Fan X., Ph.D.; Sites J., Boyd G., Chen H, (2014) Effects of Atmospheric Cold Plasma on Blueberry Native Microbiota and Sensory Attributes. Food Microbiology
- Lacombe A., Tadepalli S., Hwang C.A., & Wu V.C.H., (2013) Phytochemicals in lowbush
wild blueberry inactivate Escherichia coli O157:H7 by damaging its cell membrane. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease.
- Lacombe A., Li R.W., Klimis-Zacas D., Kristo A.S., Tadepalli S., Krauss E, Young R.,& Wu
V.C.H (2013.) The effect of blueberry-enriched diets on the microbial composition of the rat proximal colon detected by metagenomics. Plos One, 8(6): E67497
- Lacombe, A., Wu V.C.H., & Mcgivney, C. (2013). The antimicrobial effect of constituent
cranberry components against Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Listeria monocytogenes at sublethal concentrations; investigation into injury mechanisms. Food Microbiology 34(2): 352-359.
- Lacombe, A., Li R.W., Klimis-Zacas D., Kristo A.S., Tadepalli S., Krauss E, Young R., And
Wu V.C.H (2012). Lowbush blueberries modulate the functional potential of the rat proximal colon microbiota. Functional Foods In Health And Disease, 2(6):228-241.
- Lacombe A., Wu, V. C. H., Tyler, S., & Edwards, K. (2010). Antimicrobial action of the
American cranberry constituents; phenolics, anthocyanins, and organic acids, against Escherichia coli O157:H7. International Journal Of Food Microbiology, 139(1-2): 102-107.
- Lacombe A., Wu, V.C.H., White, J., Tadepalli, S., & Ander, E., (2011). The antimicrobial
properties of the wild blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) fractional components against foodborne pathogens and the conservation of probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus. Food Microbiology, 30(1):124-31.
// leave a comment about a paper here