- Add the following variables to the 30:1 lysozyme-AuNPs synthesized without salts: NaCl, KCl, MgCl2, CaCl2, 2,2 bipyridine, MES, citric acid.
- Run UV-Vis of 30:1 lysozyme:AuNP (with variables added after baking) that were cooled to 4°C over the weekend.
Preparing Samples for Atomic Absorption
- To the 30:1 lysozyme-AuNP samples synthesized with salts, 2.71 mL of the variables were added. Three concentrations for each were tested: 100 mM, 10 mM, and 1 mM.
- For 2,2 bipyridine, the concentrations were 9 mM, 0.9 mM, and 0.09 mM.
- The samples were left to sit at room temperature overnight.
- Please Note that the Control Wasn't Diluted With Variable Like the Other Samples. Also the Control Used is the Control at Room Temperature, not at 4 Degrees.
- Based off of all UV-Vis data: The ABS for the controls were corrected for the dilution factor present and the percent AuNP's in solution was calculated.
Observations of 30:1 lysozyme-AuNP Samples Cooled to 4°C With Variables Added After Synthesizing