- Finish UV-Vis analysis on the Lysozyme samples with ratios ranging from 5:1 to 50:1 made on Nov 6th, 2013.
- Finish UV-Vis analysis on the Hemoglobin samples with ratios ranging from 30:1 to 210:1 made on Nov 6th, 2013.
- Discuss with group members about the final project and which three proteins we will be talking about.
- 1ml samples of the supernatant from each set of centrifuged nano-particles were used for UV-Vis analysis.
- The large volumes of nano-particles were spun down and 1ml was used for UV-Vis analysis and the rest was used yesterday in the AA measurements.
- For the lysozyme AuNP's the absorbances make sense because these ratios extend both the areas where their are increasing concentrations of AuNP's and when the AuNP's formed fibers. As a result thats why both the low ratios and high ratios have low absorbances because either concentrations of AuNP's were low or its because fibers were formed.
- For the hemoglobin AuNP's as the ratios increased the solutions progressively became darker and thus their was a steady increase of absorbance.
- We had decided that we will be talking about Lysozyme, HRP, and Myoglobin-linked AuNP's for the project.
- Have decided to look at the structure of each of these proteins in order to try and understand the results we obtained over this past semester.