Analyze last weeks sample with SECM and create new beads using montmorillonite in PVA.
- Same as previous time
- Using olive oil as carrier fluid due to its lower viscosity
- Rate of olive oil set to 2 mL/min in two 60 mL syringes
- Collected more beads and lyophilized them so they can be imaged later to analyze sizes
- PVA and gluteraldehyde, rate 0.05 mL/min.
- PVA and gluteraldehyde are mixed in y-junction with the shortest tube possible to connect the y to the cross junction where the olive oil will pinch off the composite mixture into beads.
- gluteraldehyde filled in 3 mL syringe with 1/2 mL of 8% gluteraldehyde and then 2 1/2 mL filled with distilled water.
- 10% PVA (5.8 g PVA [Mw 31-50,000 kDa] in 5.8 g Di H2O) in 10% HCl