I am a graduate student working in the Endy Lab at Stanford University. I completed two years of medical school prior to starting my PhD and am a part of the MD/PhD program. Currently, I am pursuing exploratory projects at the intersection of artificial intelligence and synthetic biology with the broader goal of enabling the safe design of biological organisms, unconstrained by evolutionary lineage, that interface with and augment humans. Check out my most recent work:
I am always interested in discussing research opportunities and collaborating on projects. Feel free to send me an email or drop by my office.
- Rm 250 Shriram Center
- 443 Via Ortega
- Stanford, CA, USA
- Email: email@example.com where x = akshaym and y = stanford
- 2014 - Current, MD/PhD (MSTP) Student, Stanford University Departments of Bioengineering & Medicine
- 2014, BS in Bioengineering: Biotechnology (summa cum laude), University of California, San Diego
- Computational Genome Design
- Swarm Intelligence and Amorphous Computation
- Theoretical synthetic biology
- Lynn J. Rothschild, Daniel T. Greenberg, Jack R. Takahashi, Kirsten A. Thompson, Akshay J. Maheshwari, Ryan E. Kent, Griffin McCutcheon, Joseph D. Shih, Charles L. Calvet, Tyler D. Devlin, Tina Ju, Daniel P. Kunin, Erica K. Lieberman, Thai Nguyen, Forrest G. Tran, Daniel Z. Xiang, Kosuke Fujishima. CRISPR/Cas9-Assisted Transformation-Efficient Reaction (CRATER), a novel method for selective transformation. bioRvix (2015) -- doi: 10.1101/027664.
- Jacqueline Quinn, Robert Sidney Cox III, Aaron Adler, Jacob Beal, Swapnil Bhatia, Yizhi Cai, Joanna Chen, Kevin Clancy, Michal Galdzicki, Akshay Maheshwari, James Alastair McLaughlin, Chris Myers, Umesh P, Matthew Pocock, Cesar Rodriguez, Larisa Soldatova, Guy-Bart Stan, Neil Swainston, Herbert M. Sauro, Anil Wipat. SBOL Visual: A Graphical Language for Genetic Designs. PLoS Biol 13.12 (2015): e1002310 -- doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.1002310
- Jacqueline Quinn, Jacob Beal, Swapnil Bhatia, Patrick Cai, Joanna Chen, Kevin Clancy, Nathan Hillson, Michal Galdzicki, Akshay Maheshwari, Umesh P, Matthew Pocock, Cesar Rodriguez, Guy-Bart Stan, Drew Endy. Synthetic Biology Open Language Visual (SBOL Visual), version 1.0.0, BBF RFC #93 (2013) -- doi: 1721.1/78249.