I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Ajoke Williams
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Team Name:
- Team Members: Melissa Ko, Nicholas Myers, Ajoke Williams
- Team Mentors: Rebecca Adams
- Challenge: Medicine - Cancer (Oncology)
Specify which Cancer?
- Breast Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Brain Tumors
- Enzyme Activity - block off pathways common to cancerous cells
- Virus - targets cancerous cells that exhibit uncontrollable grown, mitotic divisions
- Genetic Screening - certain genes indicative of cancer, gene therapy, telomerase linked with cancerous growth
- Thermotherapy - denature proteins in cancer cells
- Targetted Chemotherapy - drug delivery
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164