UA Biophysics: Spectrophotometer
Jump to navigationJump to search
To get authorization to use it, please send an email to Lab manager.
Before beginning any work on the equipment, make sure it is in good condition. If something does not seem right, should be reported to the lab manager.
- The cell holder have to be empty before turning on the instrument.
- Turn on the instrument using the power switch on the back panel.
- Wait almost 20 min before using it. Spectrometer performs a power-on sequence and warm-up.
- Press nm (UP/down) to select the wavelength.
- Insert your blank into the cell holder and close the sample door. Remember, 1 ml is the minimum volume in cuvette.
- Press “0 ABS” key to set the blank.
- Replace the blank with the sample. The measurement appears on the LCD display.