UA Biophysics: Plasma Cleaner
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
To get authorization to use it, please send an email to Lab manager.
Before beginning any work on the equipment, make sure it is in good condition. If something does not seem right, should be reported to the lab manager.
PROCESSING WITH ROOM AIR
- Open the valve to the vacuum pump and close the needle valve.
- Open the principal valve
- Place the sample in the acrylic tray and put it into the Plasma Cleaner chamber.
- Hold the Plasma Cleaner door with the valves against the vacuum chamber.
- Turn on the vacuum pump (under the table) and wait almost one minute, the vacuum will hold the Plasma Cleaner door in place.
- Turn on the plasma cleaner switch on the front of the Plasma Cleaner and wait 20 sec.
- Slightly open the needle valve and allow the air to enter the chamber.
- Select the RF level, immediately a purplish light is observed. This indicates that the plasma cleaner has been generated. To reach the high level turn the knob step by step. If the plasma is not generated, turn off the plasma cleaner and vacuum pump. Then repeat all the process.
- Wait a few minutes. If the light intensity is decreased, modulate the airflow into the chamber using the needle valve.
TURN OFF THE EQUIPMENT:
- When the process is finished, set the RF level to OFF. Remember to do it step by step.
- Turn off the plasma cleaner
- Close the valve to the vacuum pump and turn OFF the pump.
- While open the principal valve, hold the door until atmospheric pressure is reached and remove it.