Recent research and review papers published, accepted for publication, under review or in preparation.
- Mass Spectrometric Approaches to Study Protein Structure and Interactions in Lyophilized Powders. BS Moorthy, LK Iyer, and EM Topp, Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) (98), e52503, doi:10.3791/52503 (2015). Published 04/14/2015. NIHMS ID: NIHMS653055. 4/21/2015 10 110.
- Structural transitions and interactions in the early stages of human glucagon amyloid fibrillation. BA Moorthy, HT Ghomi, MA Lill, and EM Topp,. Biophysical Journal, 108/4: 937-948, 2015. PMCID: PMC4336368 112.
- Thiol-disulfide exchange in peptides derived from human growth hormone during lyophilization and storage in the solid-state. S Chandrasekhar, and EM Topp,, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 104/4: 1291-1302, 2015. PMID: 25631887 111.
- Photolytic crosslinking to probe protein-protein and protein-matrix interactions in lyophilized powders. LK Iyer, BS Moorthy, and EM Topp,, submitted to Molecular Pharmaceutics, March 5, 2015.
- Cocrystalline solids of telaprevir with enhanced oral absorption. K Stavropoulos, S Johnston, Y Zhang, G Bhisetti, M Hurrey, P Hurter, E Topp, and I Kadiyala, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, submitted January 14, 2015. 113.
- Predicting Protein Aggregation during Storage in Lyophilized Solids Using Solid State Amide Hydrogen/Deuterium Exchange with Mass Spectrometric Analysis (ssHDX-MS). BS Moorthy, SG Schultz, SG Kim, E.M. Topp. Molecular Pharmaceutics, Jun 2;11(6):1869-79, 2014.
- Commentary: Current perspectives on the aggregation of protein drugs. EM Topp. AAPS Journal, AAPS Journal, May;16(3):413-4, 2014.
- Thiol–Disulfide Exchange in Peptides Derived from Human Growth Hormone. S. Chandrasekhar, D.E. Epling, A.M. Sophocleous and E.M. Topp. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 103/4: 1032–1042, April 2014.
- [Analyzing subvisible particles in protein drug products: A comparison of dynamic light scattering (DLS) and resonant mass measurement (RMM). J Panchal, J Kotarek, E Marszal,and EM Topp. AAPS Journal, 16/3: 440-451, 2014. DOI: 10.1208/s12248-014-9579-6.
- Microarrays and microneedle arrays for delivery of peptides, proteins, vaccines and other applications. S Chandrasekhar, LK Iyer, JP Panchal, EM Topp, JB Cannon and VV Ranade, Expert Opinion in Drug Delivery, 10/8: 1155-1170, 2013.
- Photolytic labeling to probe protein-protein and protein-matrix interactions in lyophilized powders. LK Iyer, BS Moorthy, and EM Topp. Molecular Pharmaceutics, 10: 4629-4639, 2013.
- Protein aggregation and lyophilization: Protein structural descriptors as predictors of aggregation propensity. BC Roughton, LK Iyer, E Bertelsen, EM Topp, and KV Camarda. Journal of Computers and Chemical Engineering, 58/11: 369-377, 2013.
- Effect of deamidation on the in vivo fate of monoclonal antibodies. S Chandrasekhar, BS Moorthy, B Xie and EM Topp, in Biobetters: Protein Engineering to Approach the Curative, A Rosenberg and B Demeule (eds.), Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences series, Academic Press, New York, invited.
- Approaches to pharmaceutical product design. BC Roughton, KV Camarada and EM Topp, in Ullman’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co., Mannheim, Germany, 2012. DOI: 10.1002/14356007.o22_o08; published online 15 JAN 2013.
- Optimizing protein-excipient interactions for the development of aggregation-reducing lyophilized formulations. BC Roughton, AI Pokphanh, EM Topp and KV Camarda. Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Process Systems Engineering, I a Karimi and R Srinivasan (eds.), Elsevier, Oxford, UK, 2012. pp. 1351-1355.
- Protein G, Protein A and Protein-A-derived peptides inhibit the agitation induced aggregation of IgG. J Zhang and EM Topp. Molecular Pharmaceutics, 9(3): 622-628, 2012. DOI: 10.1021/mp200548x.
- Localized hydration in lyophilized myoglobin by hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry. 2. Exchange kinetics. AM Sophocleous, EM Topp. Mol Pharm. 2012 Apr 2;9(4):727-33. doi: 10.1021/mp2004093. Epub 2012 Feb 29.
- Localized hydration in lyophilized myoglobin by hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry. 1. Exchange mapping. AM Sophocleous, J Zhang, EM Topp. Mol Pharm. 2012 Apr 2;9(4):718-26. doi: 10.1021/mp3000088. Epub 2012 Feb 29.
- Protein G, protein A and protein A-derived peptides inhibit the agitation induced aggregation of IgG. J Zhang, EM Topp. Mol Pharm. 2012 Mar 5;9(3):622-8. doi: 10.1021/mp200548x. Epub 2012 Feb 9.
- Probing protein conformation in lyophilized powders by hydrogen/deuterium exchange: Deuterium uptake kinetics in lyophilized myoglobin powders. A Sophocleous and EM Topp. Molecular Pharmaceutics. Invited manuscript for special issue, “Advances in Biophysical and Bioanalytical Protein Characterization”. Submitted August 17, 2011. Reviewers’ comments received November 16, 2011.
- Use of glass transitions in carbohydrate excipient design for lyophilized protein formulations. BC Roughton, EM Topp, and KV Camarda. Computers and Chemical Engineering, in press. DOI:10.1016/j.compchemeng.2011.07.018.
- Localized effects of hydration on lyophilized myoglobin by hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry. A.M. Sophocleous, J Zhang and EM Topp, submitted to Biophysical Journal, June 24, 2011. Reviewers’ comments received August 15, 2011. Revised version submitted October 29, 2011.
- Proteins and peptides: Physical and chemical stability. A Sophocleous, J Zhang, L Iyer, S Chandrasekhar and EM Topp, Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, 4th ed., James Swarbrick, D.Sc., Ph.D., Editor. Informa Healthcare, New York, NY. Submitted April 26, 2011.
- Adhesive/dentin interface: the weak link in the composite restoration. P Spencer, Q Ye, J Park, EM Topp, A Misra, O Marangos, Y Wang, BS Bohaty, V Singh, F Sene, J Eslick, KV Camarda, JL Katz. Ann Biomed Eng. 38(6): 1989-2003, 2010.
- Thiol-disulfide interchange in the tocinoic acid/glutathione system during freezing and drying. M Thing, J Zhang, J Laurence and EM Topp. J Pharm Sci, 99/12: 4849-4856, 2010. DOI 10.1002/jps.22206.
- Effect of photoinitiator system and water content on dynamic mechanical properties of a light-cured bisGMA/HEMA dental resin.[ J Park, Q Ye, EM Topp, SL Kieweg and P Spencer. J Biomed Mater Res A. 93A/4: 1245-1251, 2010. DOI: 10.1002/jbm.a.32617.
- Immune response to controlled release of immunomodulating peptides in an experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) mouse model. H Zhao, P Kiptoo, TD Williams, TJ Siahaan and EM Topp. J Control Release. 141: 145-152, 2010. DOI: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2009.09.002.
- Protein conformation and reactivity in amorphous solids. S Sinha, S Xie and EM Topp, in Formulation and Process Development Strategies for Manufacturing of Biopharmaceuticals, F Jameel and S Hershenson, eds., John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2010. ISBN: 978-0-470-11812-2. pp. 493-506.
- Chemical instability in peptide and protein pharmaceuticals. EM Topp, L Zhang, H Zhao, RW Payne, GJ Evans and MC Manning. Formulation and Process Development Strategies for Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals, F Jameel and S Hershenson, eds., John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2010. ISBN: 978-0-470-11812-2. pp. 41-68.
Hosted by <a href="http://www.openwetware.org"><img src="http://openwetware.org/images/0/01/80x15_openwetware.png" border=0/></a></DIV></html>