Protocol for preparing PEGDA hydrogel, polymerizes under UV light.
- PEGDA (Poly ethylene glycol diacrylate)
- Acrylate-PEG-Acrylate-3400 (Laysan Bio, Inc.)or ACRL-3400 (NEKTAR 01010F12)
- Argon gas
- M9 Media (no antibiotics)
- Photo Initiator (2-Hydroxy-2-methyl-propiophenone, 97%, Sigma Aldrich 405655)
- 1.5ml Microcentrifuge Tubes (Fisher Scientific)
- Weigh out 100 mg PEGDA into microcentrifuge tubes.
- Note: If storing, close container inside glove bag while flowing argon and store in freezer.
- Add 10% wt/vol of M9 media
- Spin at 10krpm for 20 minutes.
- Store in Fridge
- Add 100 μL of PEGDA solution to micro-centrifuge tube
- Add 0.3 μL of photo initiator and vortex mix for 1 minute
- Add sample and pipette up and down gently.