Noppadon Sathitsuksanoh (Tik)
Deconstruction division, JBEI
Website: tik's world
- Ph.D. (2011) in BioSystems Eng., Virginia Tech, VA
- M.S. (2007) Chemical Eng. & Applied Econ., Auburn University, AL
- M.S. (2003) Mechanical Eng., Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, IL
- B.S. (1999) Chemical Eng., Thammasat University, Thailand
- 11/2011-present Postdoctoral fellow, Joint BioEnergy Institute, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
- 01/2008-10/2011 Ph.D. candidate, BioSystems Eng., Virginia Tech. Productions of biofuels/bioproducts from herbaceous and woody biomass.
- 01/2007-09/2007 Lecturer, Economics Dept., Auburn University at Monbtgomery.
- 08/2003-09/2006 Research Assistant, Auburn University. Reforming liquid fuels (JP8) for production of H2 and fuel clean-up for 2kW PEMFCs
- 03/2001-08/2003 Research Assistant, Southern Illinois Univ.
- 02/1999-09/1999 Process Engineer,
Awards and Honors
- Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Sciences (ICTAS) Fellowship, Virginia Tech, 2008-2011
- TFP scholarship, Graduate School, Virginia Tech, 2008, 2010, 2011
- University Fellowship, Auburn University, 2006-2007
- SIUC graduate school scholarship, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, 2000-2003
- Monbukagakusho (direct/research) scholarship, TIT, Japan, 1999
Serve as reviewer for journals, Applied Surface Science, Bioresource Technology
- ACS 2011 Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, March 27-31, 2011. Sathitsuksanoh N., Zhu ZG., Zhang YHP. Cellulose solvent-based biomass pretreatment: Concentrated phosphoric acid vs. ionic liquid.
- ACS 2011 Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, March 27-31, 2011. Sathitsuksanoh N., Rollin J., Zhu ZG., Zhang YHP. Cellulose solvent-based biomass pretreatment: revisited
- The 32nd annual Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, Clearwater beach, FL, April 19-22, 2010. Sathitsuksanoh, N., Zhu Z., and, Zhang Y.H.-Percival, Multi-level evidences indicate that cellulose solvent-based pretreatment efficiently breaks the recalcitrance of switchgrass: crystallinity or accessibility?
- The 32nd annual Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, Clearwater beach, FL, April 19-22, 2010. Sathitsuksanoh, N., Zhu Z., Ye XH., and, Zhang Y.H.-Percival, Cellulose solvent-based biomass saccharification: phosphoric acid vs ionic liquid.
- The 32nd annual Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, Clearwater beach, FL, April 19-22, 2010. Zhu Z., Rollin J., Sathitsuksanoh, N., and, Zhang Y.H.-Percival, Quantitative determination of amorphous cellulose accessibility by using a novel non-hydrolytic fusion protein containing a CBM17 and a red fluorescent protein.