Thermal Cycler, PCR
Eppendorf Mastercycler Pro S Thermal Cycler (PCR)
Rules and Guidelines
1. New user MUST be trained by the captain or present users
Quick Start for Mastercycler Pro
Illuminates green = machine is available to use
Flashes green = A program run is active
Flashes orange = The program run is waiting for user ; pause or hold step
Flashes red = Error ( see manual P.64)
Logging in as a user
1. Open list of user with the ENTER key and select the user name.
2. Press next key. The cursor switch to the PIN field.
3. Enter pin number & confirm (for the first time when you set up the pin number)
4. Press OK. You are now logged in under your user name and can work on your program. [The previous user is automatically logged out]
Logging out as a user
1. Mark your user node.
2. Press the logout function key [you are now logged out].
3. Open the node [each lab node is already created].
4. Mark the node with the arrow key and press ENTER.
1. Open the node: Mark the node with the arrow key and press ENTER. [For example DAS]
2. Press the NEW FOLDER function key.
3. Use the keyboard function (keybd) or numerical key to enter the name of new folder. [For example: XXXX]
4. Click OK when you finish set up the name.
Creating a new program
1. Open your own user node, folder in which you want to create the new program.
2. Press the NEW function key.
3. The New Cycler Program window is displayed.
4. You can enter name & comment for the new program. [For example: Prog64_30X]
5. Press the OK function key. The program is created and appears under your user node/folder.
- You can change name of the program or comment by using the Prop. Function key.
6. Mark the desired program, the press Edit function key. The program editor is displayed as below;
1. Use the arrow keys to change temperature – time – number of cycle as you want.
2. The parameter is highlighted in blue, use the numerical keys to enter the new value.
3. Confirm by pressing Enter key.
4. Extended options
Please see Ann Kladwang (B419)
Colleen Black, Sales and Service Assistance
Eppendorf North America
Cell: (650) 522-0510
Voice Mail: 800-274-6599 ext.2695
FULL MANUAL: File:Operating Manual Mastercycler pro.pdf
QUICK START GUIDE: File:Quicks Start guide.docx
MASTERCYCLER RAMP RATE: File:Mastercycler ramp rate-1.xls
- Jessica Metzger | December 2020