The BioBricks Foundation:Workshop2/New Parts
TK is collecting a set of wanted parts on OWW.
Edit the list: http://openwetware.org/wiki/Tk:wanted_parts !!
Some of the things we talked about:
- weird antibiotics
- transposase genes
- complete set of recombinases
- wide variety of RNA based sensors
- All small metabolites
- broad host range plasmids - r6 origin plasmids
- whole set of protein tagging regions (chitin binding, biotin
- protein solubility tags
- slicing domains from intiens
- protease cleavage sites
- surface display / localization techniques
- dual luciferasee reporters
- dual color system (promega)
- bacterial luciferaces
- enzymatic reporters (alkaline phosphatase, beta-gal, horserradish peroxidase)
- mutation control and dna repair enzymes
- wide variety of zinc finger domains
Drew: The BBF will set up this list, celebrate it, promulgate it, and encourage people to add to it and improve it and embellish it.