Please feel free to contact me by email. If you're leaving a message for me here, please leave it at the top of the page, thanks!
Hi Jakob, I saw the ratings you added to the External links on the Northern page. What was the ranking criteria? If you could provide a few sentences on how you think this should work maybe others could rank other protocols they link to. Nice work on the page by the way. Thanks! Barry
- Hi Barry, it's quite a simple procedure. I prowl the web for suitable pages to link to the protocol. I visit every page and evaluate the relevance, content, and design more or less in that order and then I attach the star ratings according to the suitability of the web site for the openwetware page in question. Should this info be moved to the consensus protocol page as a suggestion/option? --Jakob Suckale 12:33, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- excellent website, detailed information, very useful link
- good website, some information, useful link
- ok website, a few pieces of info, secondary link
I didn't know who to direct this query to, but found your name underneath the people working on software development: when you attempt to edit a page and have not logged in, openwetware prompts you to log in; once you do so, you are only given a link back to the main openwetware page, not the editing page; this is unlike the login when you are not editing a page, which presents a link back to the page you were viewing. It'd be convenient to be given a link to the editing page.. maybe someone can make this seemingly easy change?
- BC 21:46, 15 August 2006 (EDT):Hi Lewis, sometimes I get the return to edit page link as you requested and not other times. I'm not quite sure why it doesn't work consistently. I can ask someone who should know for sure though and get you an answer on whether we can fix this properly.
Thanks a lot; it isn't that important since I can usually just go back a few pages, but it can be annoying. -Lewis
- Barry--The sweet world map is not working on my page. Any way you could check it out to see what I did wrong? Thanks!--Kathleen 08:38, 19 July 2006 (EDT)
- Thanks Barry! A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.--Kathleen 09:53, 19 July 2006 (EDT)
cheers for the html tags Barry, JOhn --Johncumbers 20:23, 1 March 2006 (EST)
Barry, I was wondering if I could get sysop priviliges. I'm always bugging Reshma about deleting things, and I hate to be a pain. It'd be easier if I could just do these things myself. Thanks! yeem 01:21, 12 April 2006 (EDT)
Query about Victor3
Hi Barry, I am an Imperial College student working on iGEM 07. I was wondering if you can assist me in an issue we have with the fluorometers. We are using a Berthold Twinkle LB970 for our fluorometric measurements. We have reached a point were we want to produce a calibration curve for GFP, the same one as you did for F2620 using Victor3. Unfortunately we are experiencing delays purifying our GFP so I was wondering if there is a way to relate the arbitrary fluorescence units of our fluorometer with yours as to be able to use your GFP calibration curve for our fluorometer.
Thanks !, --Lucas A. Hadjilucas 06:50, 20 September 2007 (EDT)
I see you added 4 Peaks on Biosoftware for Mac. A very nice piece of software. Have you spotted Mek and Tosj's new project Papers?
See you around on OWW, Jakob Suckale 07:42, 13 October 2007 (CDT)