From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- TBS stands for tris-buffered saline and is used in many protocols for washing
- Endconzentration in 1x TBS will be 20mM Tris and 150mM NaCl
|for 1 liter with stock solutions|
|100 ml 1M Tris-HCl pH 7.5|
|150 ml 5M NaCl|
|750 ml ddH2O|
- Prepare and sterilize filter. Store at 4°C. After diluting the 5x to 1x filter again
- TBST: For some applications one adds Tween 20 or Triton X-100 to TBS which makes TBST (people use the name TBST for both, probably it's lab dependent.
- Usual concentrations of Tween 20 in TBST are 0.1 or 0.05%.
- Usual concentration of Triton X-100 in TBST is 0.1%.