Stanford Biochemistry/Suggestions for Department Website
(Redirected from Suggestions for Department Website)
- Our own video page
- Photos/department flickr
- Post all the department-wide photos
- Include black-and-white photo of founders as one of the photos rotated on the front page
- Descriptions of what each faculty member is currently working on in one easy to find place instead of having to look at each faculty member's personal page
- More accessible/visible department calendar
- Department history and lineage
- List of Faculty and Student Awards
- Highlights of alumni
- Full list of alumni, students, and postdocs- their thesis titles, where they are now (incl. global map of distribution), and/or sortable by career (faculty, biotech, communications, etc.)
- A "forceful statement about our our unique attributes"
- Press Coverage
- Twitter feed(s)
- Running banner of departmental publications that cycles thought the most recent 10-20 so that people can see what is coming out.
- Simple front page with good pics and not too much text
- Remove search bar
- Compact, up-to-date link to lab and faculty web pages
- Interesting and creative design, see:
- Make sure a character set is used that won't be weird with international characters
- Centralized system for reserving common equipment and rooms (possibly with LCD panels reflecting these reservations next to each resource)
- Power draw updates for equipment (mostly centrifuges)
- "Purely fantastical, but power draw vs. time graphs for the whole floor"