Schumer lab: RNA extraction
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- tissue needs to be collected on dry ice or in RNA later for RNA extraction.
- See RNeasy Mini Kit RNA Extraction Protocol.docx in the Protocols folder in Box or email email@example.com for the protocol and all necessary reagents and consumables.
- If you are going to synthesize cDNA for amplification with primers you should complete the DNAse step in the protocol above. If you are going to do an RNAseq library with a polyA tail capture you should skip the DNAse step (although you can keep it if you prefer).
- Quantify the RNA with the Qubit RNA kit. small amounts are fine for qPCR or PCR applications. 50ng is ideal for RNA seq.
- To assess quality you can use the nanodrop in the Fraser lab but please check with them before using.
- Store RNA for about a week at -20C and at -80C long term.