- International database of 3D biological macromolecules
- links to many pages to calculate parameters of your favorite proteins
- E. coli genome site; get sequences, see the position of your gene in the chromosome, and other fun stuff
- calculate extinction coefficients, Tm's, and base composition for your DNA or RNA; calculate amino acid composition and extinction coefficient for your protein
- table with links to properties/sequences of pET vectors
- note: slow to load
- UCSF mass spec site to search fragments, etc. to identify your protein
mFold by Michael Zuker.
- This is the main page with links to sites for predicting RNA and DNA folds, calculating Tm's and free energies.
More good stuff on the Synthetic Biology:Tools page.
Also see Science Web Resources.
- Login required
- Certificate required
- can also get to Sciquest from here and order from GE Healthcare (formerly Amersham), PerkinElmer, Qiagen, Roche Applied Science, USA Scientific, Newark InOne, Sigma-Aldrich, Invitrogen (coming soon) using your MIT account number instead of a credit card.
- For instructions on how to use ECAT, see the FAQs page.
- Purchase orders, requisitions, etc. Certificate required.
- DNA sequencing, mass spectrometry, protein sequencing, peptide synthesis.