SIS 495/2011:Literature Review
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Themes from the Lit Review (Recurring Elements)
- Future science direction: environmental information science plan
- Learning Goals in Undergraduate STEM Education and Evidence for Achieving Them
- The Impact of Future Faculty Professional Development in Teaching on STEM Undergraduate Education: A Case Study about the Delta Program in Research, Teaching and Learning at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Linking Evidence and Promising Practices in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Undergraduate Education: A Status Report
- Three environmental discourses in human-computer interaction
Nursing and Health Professional Education
Given UTK's nursing school this might be a potential audience for the course or some variation of it.
- Tanner A, Pierce S, and Pravikoff D. Readiness for evidence-based practice: information literacy needs of nurses in the United States. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2004;107(Pt 2):936-40.
- Hart MD. Informatics competency and development within the US nursing population workforce: a systematic literature review. Comput Inform Nurs. 2008 Nov-Dec;26(6):320-9; quiz 330-1. DOI:10.1097/01.NCN.0000336462.94939.4c |
- Detlefsen EG. The education of informationists, from the perspective of a library and information sciences educator. J Med Libr Assoc. 2002 Jan;90(1):59-67.
- Moehr JR. Where to in the next ten years of health informatics education?. Methods Inf Med. 2006;45(3):283-7.
- Wallace MC, Shorten A, Crookes PA, McGurk C, and Brewer C. Integrating information literacies into an undergraduate nursing programme. Nurse Educ Today. 1999 Feb;19(2):136-41. DOI:10.1054/nedt.1999.0621 |
- Environmental Informatics - Methods, Tools and Applications in Environmental Information Processing
- Environmental informatics : methodology and applications of environmental information processing
- Environmental online communication
- Journal of Environmental Education
- Journal of Education for Library and Information Sciences
- Journal of STEM Education
- Environmental Education Research
- Journal of Science Education and Technology
- Applied Environmental Education and Communication
- Science & Technology Libraries
- Journal of Environmental Informatics http://www.iseis.org/jei/
- Ecology (ESA)